
5.09.2011
starting to feel the distance among some of my friends...
it seems like I have always been taking a path that is different from friends at different stages of my life. I am always going towards the other direction from my friends (where some have became total strangers).
I cant remember the number of times that I had to start school and work all alone, while everyone beside me are coming with close friends. Along the years, i have learnt to be more thick-skinned and start conversations with strangers. Very envious of those that have best friends since pri or sec sch. 'Floating' all around :( Waiting for the day that I can settle down.
Should I still hang on to this friendship with them? I really feel like I cant fit in anymore. Cliques within cliques are inevitable, but i hate the feeling that I am totally not in it. I always think that friends are those who would want to know about each other's lives. all the happy and sad things. but I never felt that I was ever included. No one bothers to talk to me and ask how am I. Except for my family, of course.
Received a message from Vanessa just now, and I realised that quality of friendships are much more important than the length of it. She is definitely one friend that I am grateful for. She is just like a sister to me, one whom I can always count on to give honest advice and encouragement.
To my new found friend, I really hope that we will be able to maintain this relationship and see each other going on to all the stages of life. I want to be there to witness all of this :) Long live our friendship!!
smile
5/09/2011